How do Metal Roofs Differ from Other Roofing Systems?
If you’ve been considering a new type of commercial flat roofing because of age or damage to an existing one, you may be wondering why some people choose metal roofs and what some of the options are. In recent decades, innovations in metal roofing have made it a visually attractive, but at the same time cost-effective, roofing solution. We’ll help you understand some of the more common types of metal roofing, and reasons why you might want to choose each kind.
Benefits of Metal Roofing
When it comes to commercial roofing CT, there are several reasons people choose to use metal roofing over asphalt shingles or wooden shakes, including:
- Reduced heating and cooling costs
- Long durability, which reduces costs and environmental impact
- Low amount of maintenance
- Warranties ranging from 20 to 60 years
- Availability in a variety of aesthetically appealing designs
- Provides great protection against fire, high winds, and substantial physical impacts
- Resist decay and discoloration longer than other roofing types
What Types of Metal Roofing are Available?
When it comes to commercial metal roofing CT, you have a ample selection available from which to choose. Following are some of the categories available and a little more information regarding each:
- Metal shingles – These create a smooth, uniform appearance, similar to that of slate tiles. They give your home a sophisticated, unique look.
- Metal tile – This tile has a gracefully curved surface also seen in standard tile, but is much sturdier and costs less to maintain.
- Metal shake – Metal shake is constructed to look exactly like its wooden counterpart, but like tile, lasts longer and costs less to maintain than wooden shake.
- Vertical panels – Vertical steel panels have been used on commercial, industrial, and farm buildings for many years. However, innovations in the industry have made their use much more practical for homeowners.
- Natural metals – These metals are self-healing, as they develop a protective layer while aging. They work well for urban areas and historical locations because they blend in well with the existing architecture. Roofing made from natural metals causes no damage to the environment, as it is 100% recyclable.
When considering commercial roofing in CT or Boston commercial roof repair, these are a few of the major points to consider. If you haven’t had a roof replaced in some time, feel free to contact us for more help.
Contact David Nietch for an R.C.A. and/or Commercial Roofing Quote
Commercial Roofing Services in Connecticut
For over 90 years, Eagle Rivet has helped thousands of businesses and organizations with:
- New roof construction
- Roof repairs
- Roof renovation
- Preventative maintenance
- Roof leak repair
- Flat roofing
- Metal roofing
- Tin roofing
- Copper roofing
- Flat roofing repair
- EPDM roofing
- Commercial roofing repairs
- Roof trusses
- Roof insulation
- Roof cladding
Eagle Rivet Roofing has the solution to all of your roofing needs and to request a free Roof Condition Analysis contact us today!
Eagle Rivet Roof Service – Roofing Partners You Can Trust
Our skilled roofing contractors are fully licensed and insured. Our company has years of working with all of the major roofing manufacturers that have metal roofing products, like: Carlisle SynTec, CertainTeed, GAF-Elk, Tamko, Firestone, Owens Corning, Johns Manville, Sika Sarnafil, and more.
Review our Roofing References page for more information about many of these manufacturers and the relationship we’ve forged with them.
Our commercial roofing division
designs, builds, maintains and completes
industrial and flat roof projects
covering all of Connecticut.
Preventative Maintenance is the
best way to achieve maximum
performance and longevity to your
existing roofing system.
Flat Roof Repair
We work closely with General Contractors,
Roof Consultants and/or Building Owners
to achieve the common goal
of a high quality re-roof application.
Call for Emergency Roof Repair
Call the number at the top of the page for the office closest to you for 24/7 emergency roof repair services for your
home, commercial or facility roofs in immediate distress.
Metal Roofing Projects
Demand The Best From Your Roofing Contractor!
We tell you exactly what to expect from expert roofing contractors like ourselves. You deserve nothing less!
Eagle Rivet is committed to the highest levels of customer communication and accuracy in estimates. We appreciate your business!